Address | Hours of Operation | Directions | Map | Parking | Public Transportation | Contacts
BCC began offering the Business and Career Development Center (BCDC) in Mount Holly in the mid 90's. BCC relocated in October, 2004 to a 20,000 sq. ft. newly renovated wireless internet facility, located at 1 High Street. BCC, Mt. Holly Center continues to offer the BCDC and a full range of classes and student services. The services have been expanded to include credit, non-credit, and Professional Development classes, a Dance Studio, Art Studio, and in addition an Art Gallery and Student Art Store.
What We Can Do For You
Business and Career Development Center
The Business and Career Development Center is an excellent community resource offering small business and job placement assistance to all Burlington County residents and businesses, with special emphasis on Mount Holly residents and its business community. The Center is an off- campus site supported by Burlington County College. The Center partners with Burlington County's One-Stop Career Center system.
The Business & Career Development Center is part of the One-Stop Center network in Burlington County providing assistance in researching, preparing for, and responding to job opportunities. These services are provided at no cost to all Burlington County residents:
- Free On-site usage of personal computers with access to the Internet and word processing software for job searching and career research.
- Access to fax machine and copier
- Resume assistance
- Internet job search assistance
- Access to a large selection of job search resources and materials
- Regularly updated job postings from local employers and employment agencies
- Assistance in posting your resume on the Internet
- Listing of your resume in the Center's database which is reviewed by prospective local employers.
Links to Job Sites on the Internet:
Work Force NJ
Find a job, post a resume, explore a career, research labor market information and much more. A valuable resource!
Search thousands of jobs for just the right one. Get updated via email about fresh jobs daily. At no cost with no risk! Over 298,906 job seekers have automated their job search with Job Alert!
America's Job Bank
America's Job Bank is a partnership between the US Department of Labor and the state
Careers in Government
Search government, education, civil service other public sector jobs using personal criteria. Job description, requirements, salary. Training, associations, conferences, employment trends. Resume posting notification.
Civil Service Job Listings
New Jersey Department of Personnel posts jobs as well as career information for civil service jobs.
Can post up to 5 different resumes online. A resource center has links to help you with career assessment, career coaching, resume assistance, salary calculator and interview techniques.
Large database of job postings. Requires free registration.
Mega Job Search. Post Your Resume Find an Employee internet.com Internet News Internet Stocks/VC Internet Technology Windows Internet Tech. Linux/Open Source Web Developer E-Commerce/Marketing ISP Resources.
Jobs.com Career Fair
In addition to job postings, this site has helpful tools for resume and cover letter writing.
Huge database of jobs, career links and resume helps. Post your resume online. Free registration required.
New Jersey Job Bank
NJ online Job Bank-allows you to search by job classification/title and allows you to electronically submit your resume.
New Jersey Jobs
Jobs in New Jersey. Post your resume. operated public Employment Service. The America's Job Bank computerized network links state Employment Service offices to provide job seekers with the largest pool of active job opportunities available anywhere and nationwide exposure for their resumes.
Popular site containing some excellent listings, searchable by heading and location. Site is often slow or has problems loading. Requires registration.
Sites Related to Job Hunting Process and Careers
Free career analysis; requires registration.
Free resume service
Resume generator. First an overview of each section, then choose Resume Builder
Resumes and Cover Letters http://www.jobstar.org/tools/resume/ and Work Force NJ
Resume assistance, cover letters, salary info and career research are plentiful at this site.
The Career Shop
The site is slow to load but there is valuable information. Requires registration.
Career advice and research. Can also post a resume online. Easy to use.
Small Business Assistance
- Free start-up assistance
- Interactive business and marketing plan software (By appointment only)
- Business plan writing assistance (Please call to schedule an appointment)
- Free seminars: How to Do Business with the Government (Call for next available date)
- Access to information on small business financing
- On-site Small Business Government Procurement Marketing Specialist
- Access to the Internet and other valuable small business resource materials.
- Ongoing series of free or low-cost workshops
Resources For Burlington County Employers
- Access to our database
- Free posting of your company's or agency's employment opportunities
- Opportunity to schedule job fairs and participate in our "Positive Recruitment" fairs/seminars held monthly
- Seminars presented by Rutgers University's Regional Small Business Development Center designed to provide business owners with the basic skills needed to establish a small business. Call to get the current schedule of seminars.
- Daily Rentals of conference rooms, meeting rooms, training rooms and large lobby.
These seminars are held at BCC Small Business Incubator, Mt. Laurel and are presented by Rutgers Camden Small Business Development Center.
Registration is required. Seminars may require a registration fee. Please call, (609) 877-4520, ext. 3021 to confirm the date and register.
Small Business Resource Sites
Association of Small Business Development Centers
Burlington County Department of Economic Development
Burlington County Library
International Franchise Association
Mount Holly Urban Enterprise Zone
National Association for the Self-Employed
New Jersey Business Sources
New Jersey Department of Labor
New Jersey Small Business Development Center, Rutgers University -Camden
New Jersey State Home Page
New Jersey State Library
Small Business Administration
U.S. Business Advisor
U.S. Census Bureau
U.S. Patent Information
U.S. Trademark Information
Workforce NJ Public Information Network
Burlington County College
- On-site registration, drop/add, and course withdrawal
- Financial Aid counseling (Appointment preferred)
- Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)counseling (Appointment preferred)
- Academic Counseling (Appointment preferred)
- College Assessment Test (walk-in hours in Pemberton and Mount Laurel, appointment required in Mount Holly and Willingboro)
Other On-Site Services
- Servicios Latinos de Burlington County, Inc.
Servicios Latinos assists the Hispanic community with employment, transportation, housing, health care and other social services. To contact Servicios Latinos, call direct at (609) 518-7171.
- Corporate Customized Training
- On-site Small Business Government Procurement Marketing Specialist
- Art Gallery and Student Art Store
- Facility Rentals
Buses servicing downtown Mount Holly are Route 317 (drops off on High St.), and Route 413 (drops off on Washington St.), and the BurLink B1 (between Pemberton and Mount Holly), and B2 (between Mount Holly and Willingboro).
From 295 North
Take exit 47A (Mt. Holly). At the exit, follow Route 541 towards Mt. Holly. DO NOT FOLLOW the Mount Holly Bypass that is just inside the Township Limits. Instead continue straight ahead. The road becomes High Street as it enters Mount Holly Township. You will come to a traffic light that has Rancocas Rd. on the right and Garden St. on the left. Continue straight on High and make a left turn on Murrell St. (the little road just past the Gazebo). At the stop sign, turn right and park in the unlimited parking lot. ***
From 295 South
Take Exit 40 (Mount Holly) - Route 38 and follow directions from Route 38 (below)
From the turnpike, North or South
Take exit 5, Mt. Holly. At the intersection / stop light, turn right onto 541 toward Mt. Holly. Follow 295 North directions as above.
From Route 38 (coming from Moorestown area)
Come down Route 38. When you get to the Mount Holly Business exit (Main Street), take that jug handle so that you will be crossing back over Rte. 38. Follow signs for the Hospital. Continue down Madison Avenue, past the Hospital, which will be on your right. Cross over railroad tracks and make a right at the light onto Washington Street. Continue straight through the next light (High Street). Turn left at the 1st road past the fountain (Paxson St.). You will find an unlimited parking lot just up the street on the right side.
It is recommended that all students and visitors park in the large municipal free parking lot located in back of the BCC, Mount Holly Center. It can be accessed by turning off High St. onto Murell St., and then make right onto Paxson Street, or turn off of Mill Street onto Paxson Street (next to Scotto Restaurant), and proceed about ½ block. Parking lot will be on right. You may enter the BCC buildings through the rear entrance located on Paxson Street.
BCC Mount Holly Center
1 High Street
Mount Holly, NJ 08060
Phone: 609 267-5618 ext. 4504
Fax: 609 267-5165
Hours of Operation
Mount Holly Center
9am – 9pm, Monday – Thursday
9am – 5pm, Friday
and Saturday as required
BCDC and other organizations
9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Student Art Gallery
2:30 - 4:30pm, Tuesday - Friday
11am - 3pm, Saturday
The Arts Store at BCC
10am - 12:30pm; 1pm - 5pm, Monday
11am - 2pm, Tuesday - Friday
Cathy Ryan, Coordinator
Business & Career Development Center
1 High Street, Mount Holly, NJ
Phone: (609) 267-5618 Fax: (609) 267-5165