Degree-Seeking Admission

Burlington County College has an Open Enrollment Policy. You may begin your studies at BCC if you fall under any of the following categories:

  • You have a high school diploma
  • You have an equivalency (GED) certificate
  • You are a high school or home-schooled student with permission
  • You are a non-high school graduate with ability to perform college-level work and benefit from a post-secondary education

If you are attending BCC for the first time, you must complete an Application for Admission before you register for classes. Submit a completed application for admission and $20 (non-refundable processing fee) to the Office of Admissions, or in person at the Pemberton campus, the Mt. Laurel campus, the Willingboro Center or the Mt. Holly Center. The $20 application fee is waived when you submit an online application. Please take note of additional instructions if you are an International Student or if you are applying for college courses while still in high school.



If you've previously attended BCC, but have not taken classes in three years, you must resubmit an Application for Admission before registering for classes. The $20 application fee is waived.


Submit Transcript 

If you have never attended college before, request an official transcript from your high school showing subjects completed, grades earned and date of graduation. Transcripts should be sent to BCC's Office of Admissions. A General Education Diploma (GED) may be submitted as evidence of high school graduation.

Office of Admissions
Burlington County College
601 Pemberton Browns Mills Road
Pemberton, NJ 08068 

If you are transferring into BCC from another college you must enroll in a degree or certificate program and send an official transcript from each school you have attended to the BCC Office of Admissions. If you have attended international universities you must have your transcripts evaluated (course by course) by the World Evaluation Services prior to submitting them to BCC.


College Assessment 

The State of New Jersey requires all institutions of higher education to assess all full-time and part-time entering students for proficiency in reading, writing, computation and elementary algebra. Students will be assessed after they have been admitted to the college and their application materials have been processed.

Assessment testing is available on a walk-in basis at the Pemberton and Mt. Laurel campuses. Please refer to the Test Center for additional testing information.

Students may be exempt from taking the assessment if they:

  • Have SAT scores of 540 or higher in Critical Reading and 530 or higher in Math. Students are also exempt if they have ACT scores of 23 in Reading and 20 in Math.
  • Are enrolled in a bilingual or English as a Second Language (ESL). They must be evaluated after they complete the program.
  • Already hold an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university and can provide proof of completion.
  • Have successfully completed the equivalent of English Composition (ENG 101) and college-level math (MTH 104 or higher) with a grade of C or higher and can provide proof of completion.
  • Have met the College's requirement for CLEP or Advanced Placement in English, computation and elementary algebra.
  • Have completed developmental courses comparable to BCC's highest level of remediation at another regionally accredited college. Students must provide a transcript and a catalog course description.
  • Are not working toward a degree and want to attempt fewer than 30 credits. The assessment will be required prior to attempting the 30th credit.
  • Have taken the Assessment Test at another NJ college and the results have been forwarded to BCC's Test Center.



The State of New Jersey requires all full-time (12 or more credits), degree seeking students, who did not graduate from a New Jersey high school, provide proof of immunizations against measles, mumps, and rubella, and hepatitis b. Proof of immunizations should be certified by your health care provider, utilizing the "Certificate of Immunization" form. Specific immunization requirements are attached to this form.

Students who have graduated from a New Jersey high school must submit an official final high school transcript to the Office of Admissions, 601 Pemberton Browns Mills Rd, Pemberton, NJ 08068, in order to be exempt from this requirement.

Students who are exempt from the immunization requirements on grounds of medical contraindication, religious reasons, or age (students born before 1957 are exempt from MMR requirements only), should submit the "Certificate of Immunization" , indicating the type of exemption, along with supporting documentation as required.

Students may be admitted and enrolled on a provisional basis for their first term if required immunization documentation is not available at the time of registration. If you have any questions about the regulations, please contact the Office of Admissions at 609-894-9311, extension 1200.