44th Annual BCC Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 10:00 am
The commencement ceremony is held only once each year, at the end of the Spring semester. Any student meeting his/her declared degree requirements is eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Exception: If a student is completing his/her requirements during the summer session, he/she is eligible to participate. All course requirements must appear on your degree audit in order to participate in the ceremony.
For more information about Graduation Requirements, click here.
To download the 2014 Commencement Guide, click here.
Commencement Check List
- Complete and submit an Application for Graduation before March 1, 2014. If you do not submit a Graduation Application, you will not receive Commencement tickets. The application will determine your eligibility for Graduation and walking in the Commencement Ceremony. For more information on the Application for Graduation, Click Here.
- Pick up your Commencement tickets (each graduate will receive 2 tickets), beginning Monday, April 14, 2014 through Wednesday, May 14, 2014 on the Pemberton Campus, Office of the Vice President of Student Success, Lewis Parker Center, Room 202-02, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Tickets will not be mailed.
- Pick up caps and gowns from Monday, May 12, 2014 through Wednesday, May 14, 2014 in the College Bookstore, Pemberton Campus, from 8:30 am - 6 pm
- Purchase Special Regalia Cords
- Graduates with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above, as recorded from the Fall 2013 Term, may purchase an honor’s cord to wear at graduation at the College Bookstore located on the Pemberton Campus.
- All Veterans who are graduating may purchase a Veteran’s sash at the College Bookstore located on the Pemberton Ca mpus.
- Attend Rehearsal on the Pemberton campus on Friday, May 16, 2014 at 10:00 am in the Physical Education Building on the Pemberton Campus
- Attend Commencement on Saturday, May 17, 2014. Line up begins promptly at 8:30 am, please arrive no later than 8:30am.
*Please encourage your families and friends attending the ceremony to leave balloons at home or in the car. Balloons are prohibited in the Commencement Ceremony tent.
Your Next Steps
- Join the BCC Alumni Association. To find out more information on Alumni benefits and how to join, Click Here.
- Want to transfer to a four year institution? To find out more information about our Transfer Office, Click Here.
- Need help creating a resume, searching for jobs or practicing for an interview? To find out more about the Office of Career Services, Click Here.