Accreditation and Recognition
Bridges Christian College & Seminary is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education Commission on Accreditation (5850 T. G. Lee Blvd., Ste. 130, Orlando, FL 32822, 407.207.0808) to grant certificates and degrees at the Certificate, Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master’s degree levels. www.abhe.org.
Assemblies of God Alliance for Higher Education
In June 2023, Bridges Christian College & Seminary was recognized as an affiliate member of the Assemblies of God Alliance for Higher Education.
General Council of the Assemblies of God
In February 2018, Bridges Christian College & Seminary courses were approved by the Executive Presbytery of the Assemblies of God to meet the educational requirements for ordination credentials with the Assemblies of God. The Assemblies of God reaffirmed courses at Bridges Christian College in 2020. This means that students in any A.G. district in the U.S. may receive academic credit toward the educational requirements for ordination.
The General Council of the Assemblies of God
1445 N. Boonville Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802-1894
The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
Bridges Christian College & Seminary has been approved to participate in State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. The institution received approval in June 2023. This approval provides the necessary authorization to offer online education to states in the U.S.A. (excluding CA).
Articulation Agreements and Recognition of Bachelor’s Degrees
BCCS currently holds articulation agreements with the following schools:
- God’s Bible School and College in Cincinnati, OH (gbs.edu)
- Winebrenner Theological Seminary in Findlay, OH (winebrenner.edu).
- This means that BCC graduates have the opportunity to earn fully-accredited Master’s degrees with God’s Bible School and College or Winebrenner Theological Seminary upon completion of their Bachelor’s degree with BCC.
In addition to the above schools, BCC’s Bachelor’s degree graduates have also been accepted into fully-accredited master’s degree programs at the following schools:
- Evangel University in Springfield, MO (evangel.edu)
- Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA (regent.edu)
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie, TX (sagu.edu)
- Northwest University in Kirkland, WA (northwestu.edu)
- Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK (oru.edu)
- These schools do not have official articulation agreements with BCC, but they have recognized the academic quality of BCC’s degrees by their acceptance of BCC’s graduates into their Master’s degree programs.
State Registration and Authorization
BCCS is registered with the Board of Regents for the State of Louisiana with its headquarters in New Orleans, LA and it is exempt from licensure.
BOARD OF REGENTS
P. O. Box 3677
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3677
Phone (225) 342-4253, FAX (225) 342-9318
Degree programs of study offered by Bridges Christian College & Seminary have been declared exempt from the requirements for licensure, under provisions of North Carolina General Statutes Section (G.S.) 116-15 (d) for exemption from licensure with respect to religious education. Exemption from licensure is not based upon assessment of program quality under established licensing standards.
State Authorizations for Online Degrees
NC-SARA recognition provides BCCS with the necessary approval to offer online education in all states of the U.S.A. except California. However, the institution has received approval/exemption from the following department of education in California.
- California: California Bureau for Private Post-Secondary Education
The current strength of Bridges Christian College & Seminary is its sense of divine guidance, the vision of the President, the Board of Directors, and the quality credentials and dedication of the faculty. All of our faculty have at least a Master’s degree, and some have Doctorates from accredited institutions. As the college pursues wider recognition at the national level, it will continue to grow and mature.